raindrops

raindrops
'..and with every drop of rain you know i love you more...let it rain all night long, let my love for you grow strong..'

Monday, September 15, 2014

I need a lift

A male colleague who drives me to and from work everyday is having some issues.  He finds that at this point in his life that he should be in a better place, with regards to his work and his finances.  Reality is, he's way down under.
 
And depression sets in, he says, as he thinks about these. 
 
He voiced out these things to me during the ride.  I just sat there and listened to him speak of his frustrations on life, on his self as a provider, on his career which has become stagnant for a number of years now...
 
There was nothing I could say that might lift up his spirit.  There was nothing I could say to boost his morale.  Because I felt he was saying things I could not verbalize to myself.  What he said were the exact same things I am experiencing.  How can you lift someone else when you yourself are heavily burdened?  I just sat there and listened.  I guess that was just what he needed.
 
But the good thing is, he sees hope, he is aware that he needs to do something and not just sit around and wait for things to happen.  He saw an opportunity which he knows will carry him through his crisis.  He knows he needs to do something.  He has many reasons to fight and win his battles.
 
It's good that the monologue ended on a positive note before I got off the car.  There's still some positivity left in that man.  And without him knowing it, he lifted my spirits up.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment